As a small or start-up business, it's essential to word your bio for SEO.
What is SEO? - Search Engine Optimization. Every single word in your bio is used as keywords for the search bar, just like Google.
👑 USERNAME / HANDLE | The SEO in your bio acts in a hierarchy. The algorithm will first track your username/handle then work its way through your bio. Make sure you username is memorable and simple to type.
🤓INSTAGRAM NAME | This is your name that is in bold - the top line. This will be seen underneath your username in the search results. Whenever I introduce myself I say, "Hi, I'm Amalia - a Creative Designer". If that person were to search me on IG and didn't remember my first name, they could still research "Creative Designer" and I would show up in the results! Cray.
✨ BIO | Now it's time to be creative...in 150 characters. .
• List why your brand is DIFFERENT from your competitors and why your brand is more relatable to your target audience. .
• List your services, your top selling flavor, your credentials...
• Where are you located? Where can you be found? Are you strictly online or do you have a brick and mortar? Do you change locations often? .
• Use highly searched words, you can even include hashtags! It will add you to that hashtag community.
• CTA - Your Call To Action! Do you want your target audience to book a service with you? View your new blog? See your cool portfolio? Tell them what to do next!
• Use that link in bio, if you have links to share. Whether you're adding in a single link or using apps like linktr.ee or linkin.bio, it's a great way to attract people to your page. .
• Add an address! If you're a brick and mortar, food truck, personal trainer...it's clickable. It's the easiest and most perfect CTA. It's literally saying "Here's my address, click me, visit me now". Just make sure it's correct!